Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past few years, you probably know by now that the easiest way to sculpt your jawline and lift your cheekbones is by contouring (aka enhancing and defining your face with makeup). But even after you’ve watched a billion YouTube tutorials learning exactly how to contour your face, the next step—finding the best contour kit—can be a little overwhelming (do you go with powder? Cream? What about highlighter?). The good news? Today’s contour kits come in a wide range of shades and bases for all skin tones and types, the 10 best contour kits on the market.
- 10 Best Contour Kits For Your Skin
- 1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- 2. Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Espress
- 3. Wonder Stick Highlight & Contour
- 4. Sleek Makeup Face Form in Dark
- 5. e.l.f. Cream Contour Palette 12.4g
- 6. Black Radiance True Complexion Creme Contour Palette
- 7. Nars Contour Blush
- 8. The Contour Book The Art Of Sculpting And Defining Volume II
- 9. Lorac Cosmetics Pro Conceal/Contour Palette and Brush
- 10. NYX Professional Makeup Cream Highlight & Contour Palette in Light
10 Best Contour Kits For Your Skin
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
If your skin turns into an oil slick by the middle of the day, opt for a powder-based contour kit. This one will give you fire cheekbones and keep your oil production at bay without drying out your skin.
2. Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Espress
These satisfyingly magnetic sticks are fab for a pro contour. Easy to apply, the only thing we will say is that they are suuuper pigmented – like, make sure you’re ready to blend, blend, blend – and try not to go OTT. On the plus side, the formulas are incredible. They don’t cake, crease or fair under the elements. The cream turns to velvet powder, so you don’t need to layer with this one.
3. Wonder Stick Highlight & Contour
Perfect for contouring on the go, this handbag-friendly double-ended contour stick makes sculpting your face almost too easy. With a highlighter on one end and a contour crayon on the other, simply draw in your cheekbones and go.
4. Sleek Makeup Face Form in Dark
There is a reason we have hit pan on this beauty. For starters, it’s under £10 pounds which, frankly deserves a whole post on its own. An utter dream for deeper skin tones, there’s a matte contour colour, golden shimmery highlight and a bronzer to bring it all together. Please don’t ever discontinue this Sleek, we love you.
5. e.l.f. Cream Contour Palette 12.4g
The creaminess of this contour kit… whew! Apply seamlessly to add further dimension to your look. You can easily blend the different colours to match your shade with this formula.
6. Black Radiance True Complexion Creme Contour Palette
Trust me, it’s hard to find a contour kit for deep skin tones that doesn’t end up looking muddy or ashy. But the shades and undertones in this contour kit strike just the right balance. It defines your cheekbones and jawline without taking any of the light out of your face.
7. Nars Contour Blush
If you literally just learned how to contour and don’t know WTF to do with a contour kit that has more than, like, three shades, this one is for you. Pick one of the five SKUs that best fits your skin tone, and you’ll get two complementary shades that take all of the guesswork out of contouring.
8. The Contour Book The Art Of Sculpting And Defining Volume II
Sculpt to your heart’s content with this multi-functional palette. With a range of contouring shades, two highlighters and a sun-kissed shade blusher, you’ll be throwing light and shade in equal measure. The powder shades have a creamy finish, so are easily buildable.
9. Lorac Cosmetics Pro Conceal/Contour Palette and Brush
When you know your way around a contour kit, two shades sometimes isn’t enough. Enter, this kit from Lorac: There’s eight concealer and contour shades that you can use alone or mix together, along with four cream highlighters that blend right into your skin and instantly level up your look.
10. NYX Professional Makeup Cream Highlight & Contour Palette in Light
Contouring can prove to be tricky for those with fair skin. Go even the slightest bit too dark and you easily start to look, well, like you’re trying really hard to contour. That’s what makes this option such a great choice for those with lighter skin. The contour shade isn’t too dark and has a balance of cool and warm undertones that will flatter most complexions. You could even mix it with a little bit of one of the two included highlight shades if you want to go slightly lighter.