There are oils, curling creams, and hair refreshing sprays, but is your hair product collection complete without a nourishing moisturizer? Whether it’s labeled as a moisturizer or a leave-in conditioner, it’s a holy grail product that rehydrates and shields your hair from the brisk winds, rough towels, harsh ingredients, and touchy-feely hands it encounters daily. Protect your hair against these terrors with the 10 best hair moisturizers ever, below.
- 10 best hair moisturizers ever
- 1. Gold Series Pro-V Hydrating Butter Cream – $12.00
- 2. Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion – $4.89
- 3. Ultra Hydrating Curl Leave-In Cream – $10.00
- 4. Whole Blends Gentle Detangling Hair Milk Oat Delicacy – $4.49
- 5. Advanced Keratindose Pro-Keratin + Silk Renewal Spray – $14.33
- 6. Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin – $19.99
- 7. O&M The Power Base Protein Mask – $36.00
- 8. Curlsmith Curl Conditioning Oil-In-Cream – $26.00
- 9. Playa Monoi Milk Leave-in Conditioner – $24.00
- 10. Adwoa Beauty Baomint Moisturizing Curl Defining Cream – $32.00
10 best hair moisturizers ever
1. Gold Series Pro-V Hydrating Butter Cream – $12.00
A little goes a long way with this thick cream from Pantene’s Gold Series. The butter-soft blend melts into the shaft for manageable and soft hair.
2. Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion – $4.89
When every product fails you, you know you can count on the OG Luster’s Pink Lotion hair moisturizer. The lightweight moisturizers whips your hair back into shape, thanks to provitamin B5 and vitamin E that protects against damage.
3. Ultra Hydrating Curl Leave-In Cream – $10.00
The cute rose packaging might be deceiving but Kristin Ess’ leave-in conditioner is a hair savior. Frizz? Dryness? This products fights it all.
4. Whole Blends Gentle Detangling Hair Milk Oat Delicacy – $4.49
This milky Garnier mist melts through knots and nourishes hair with botanicals like oat and rice extracts and aloe juice. One tester’s feedback: “It was feather-light, and I could comb damp hair with almost no effort.”
5. Advanced Keratindose Pro-Keratin + Silk Renewal Spray – $14.33
Nourish split or broken hair with a creamy moisturizer for strands. When tested by the GH Beauty Lab, Matrix’s spray scored high on the measurements of conditioning ability. The leave-in conditioner and style-finisher in one was described as “The Holy Grail for hair,” by one tester, it helps hair feel soft and look extra shiny.
6. Miracle Deep Conditioner Plus Keratin – $19.99
Hair can get drier and more fragile over time. Nourish and strengthen with this keratin- and botanical-infused intense treatment mask. The winner of the Lab’s Deep Conditioners test, it earned a rare perfect score for conditioning and preventing damage in a mechanical wet-combing test on hair samples. One tester’s take: “This worked wonders on my over-processed hair.”
7. O&M The Power Base Protein Mask – $36.00
Color-treated hair requires extra TLC, so do yourself a favor and invest in a hydrating hair mask. This one from O&M is loaded with moisturizing ingredients, like rice protein, shea butter, and vitamin E, that help strengthen your hair without stripping your color. Work it through your wet hair post shampoo, leave it on for 10 minutes max, then rinse it all the way out.
8. Curlsmith Curl Conditioning Oil-In-Cream – $26.00
Rub a dollop of this moisturizing leave-in between your palms, rake it and scrunch it into your sopping-wet coils (or coarse curls), then prepare for the formula’s hydrating and shine-enhancing olive and aloe vera oils to get to work ASAP. Once your hair is dry, shake and scrunch your hair once again for a soft, non-crunchy finish.
9. Playa Monoi Milk Leave-in Conditioner – $24.00
Perfect for dry, damaged hair, this leave-in conditioner from Playa is spiked with monoi oil and coconut milk that work to deeply hydrate and smooth flyaways. A little goes a long way—especially if you’ve got fine hair—so just comb two or three spritzes through clean, damp hair and keep it off your roots.
10. Adwoa Beauty Baomint Moisturizing Curl Defining Cream – $32.00
Looking for a hair moisturizer that’ll condition your curls without weighing them down? Allow me to introduce you to this lightweight—yet super hydrating—curl cream. Thanks to ingredients like honey, silk amino acids, and shea butter, the formula helps lock in moisture, enhance shine, and add plenty of definition. After prepping your curls with a leave-in conditioner, rake and twirl this bb in sections to make sure each clump is fully coated.
If your hair isn’t cooperating lately, there’s a good chance it just really wants a quality leave-in conditioner. Leave-in conditioners may sound extra (especially if you’re already using a rinse-out one), but that’s because they are, and in the best way possible. Consider everything your hair endures once you step out of the shower: rough towels, rough pillows, combing, brushing, heat styling, twirling, tying, possibly bleaching — it’s the perfect recipe for dryness and damage, and leave-in conditioners are one of the easiest ways to shield your hair from it all. Hope the above best hair moisturizers will leave your hair smoother, shinier, healthier, and happier in the long run.